You as the business owner are the face of your business. That’s why having a professional headshot portrait is so essential. It is a good idea, once a year to have a portrait session to date update your visible brand. A selfie, with your phone, usually won’t be a good look! Read on to get tips for your visual brand.
You Need the Right Support Team
When it comes to creating great Head Shot portraits, a photographer who can draw on your natural style and embellish it or AMP it up appropriately is going to help you get a genuinely engaging image. Creating new publicity photos can be crucial to the small business owner. One of the most important reasons to update your brand pictures is to make sure people recognize you when they meet you in person.
Make it Easy for the Media
In addition to striving for the most authentic yet flattering Head Shot, get a few full-length portraits and if relevant, family pictures you can use for media interviews. Often when magazines do feature articles, they request at least four photos other than a headshot. If the images are storytelling and engaging, they are far more likely to use them! Your story may then grow to more than one page!
Depending on your needs having your children involved after completing the main images makes the photo shoot a lot of fun. It becomes a family affair, and it’s a great excuse to get your annual family card photos at the same time.
Making Your Headshots The Best Possible
If it’s time to update your headshots, consider these steps:
1. Hire a professional photographer and makeup artist. A photo from your iPhone will not do.
2. If you need to tweak your style, hire a professional stylist to go shopping with you to pick out a few outfits that would be flattering in a headshot.
3. Plan at least two clothing looks, (pick a colorful jacket or tie and avoid black or white).
4. Plan on spending at between $500-$2000 for what you need.
5. Be sure to purchase web ready and printable up to A4 .jpeg files so you can use them online and in print.
It’s essential to have a visual brand that presents you in the best light, with an up-to-date look. Invest in a new headshot today; it could do wonders for your business.
International Photographer. Father of twin daughters. Owner of two dogs, alternating goldfish and espresso machine. House chef, avid reader, wannabe handyman, husband to my one and only wife. Writing here on the business topics, including interviews with some industry leading minds.